
While wondering out loud what I would write about today my son was quick to answer, ”Write about how you berate me all the time.” His idea of being berated refers to the millions of times that I ask him to clean up after himself and/or have some consideration for the person he shares a house with… which would be me! His second choice of topic for me was “Why I never turn my cell phone on.” Not turning my cell phone on drives him absolutely mad. Reason why I never turn my cell phone on is because it’s just another way for him to track me down and pester me about something! (Don’t tell him that!) At 21, I wish some delightful, caring, loving, lady would bring him to his knees and he would be forever in her keeping!
I keep racking my brain; trying to remember a deal I must have reneged on where the penalty was that of giving up your first-born child. Unfortunately, I've yet to remember but I'll keep you posted. In the meantime I will hold my tongue, pick my battles and wait patiently for the day when he proclaims it’s time to move out. Although on last notice he informed me he would like to live here for the rest of his life. Empty Nester my ass!
Still in limbo, but you wouldn’t know it with the amount of work there is at my daily job. We have been busy as of late and it seems that I just get to work, when it’s time to go home again, and there’s still a pile left on my desk for the next day. I love my co-worker, (well I don’t literally love him), it’s just that we work well together, like a tag team. Our job has many levels to it, writing license agreements, negotiating those agreements and figuring out strategies to make those agreements come to fruition. It involves research and a lot of detective work at times. I consider my co-worker to be the Sherlock Holmes and me the Watson and some days we seem to feed off of each other’s energy to solve a situation. It’s great fun on days like that and I go home thinking I’ve really added some value to the company. Today was one of those days. Most gratifying indeed.
Spring is awakening and walking the dog this evening I was well aware of the harmony of bird songs that are filling the air. The crows are especially noticeable this time of year. They sit in the large pine trees across from my house, protecting their territory until the hawks make their way into the neighbourhood. The crows are kings until the real kings arrive! The seagulls are back and the Canadian Geese, who never really left this winter or at least a good portion of them stayed behind, are anxiously looking for open water on the lake, which by the way, is still frozen.
It is so enlightening to watch spring unfold, one petal at a time. First the mornings begin to brighten earlier, the days last just a little longer. The birds begin to migrate and you can smell the ground begin to thaw. The rains come, grass starts to green up, leaves start to bud on the poplar trees… one by one each creature, each bit of vegetation begins to unfold to the routine of a season change and before you know it, colour has exploded like a painters frenzy on canvas.
Oh and yes… E.D. gets all excited about starting her plants and dreaming about how wonderful her garden will look this summer… definitely a sure sign that spring is on it’s way!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment