Stephanie a favourite blogger of mine wrote a very good piece today about discipline. (see: http://tifty.wordpress.com/ ) To me discipline is just another word for “inner strength”.
Lack of discipline...
In my enthusiasm to express an idea or insight on this blog, I have tried hard to be careful not to offend anyone. In my relationship with MP I learned many things. One that was especially important to me was that I often see things through my perspective only and when that happens my writing may sound somewhat cavalier.
I do not always, diligently follow what I have learned, even when I know it is a very intuitive and wise thought. To speak wisdoms and to follow them takes discipline. I try not to be judgmental or comment through fearful perspectives. I try hard to live by the words of “Osho” as written in my blog "Manhattan Beach" of March 10. I am not always persistent in employing such noble thoughts all the time though. I do believe that, from time to time, I slip. We all slip. We forget, or it is easier to fall back into old habits or thoughts and the true discipline is catching ourselves when we do slip, recognizing it, and then correcting it and getting back on the horse, so to speak, to living our lives in a loving manner.
Yesterday I made a judgment of someone I really didn’t know. I made that judgment based on a past experience. I thought that my experience made me wise enough to make such a judgment. But in reality, I think my comments were based on my fears more than my wisdoms, as I knew very little about this person at all.
Later in the day, after a gentle encounter with that same person, I realized that I am not the knower of all knowing and to make any judgment about anybody, really is just not within my scope of "universal knowledge". I felt ashamed actually over it all, but I did learn a good lesson.
I am Goddess yes, but I am also mortal and sometimes, just sometimes, I am a little less infallible than a Goddess should be.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Gosh - it's so true. I think wisdom and discipline go hand in hand.
Post a Comment