Outside my home.It is the first day of spring and was snowing this morning. Only in Canada you say? Well only in Calgary for sure. While others talk of daffodils, I talk about considering that perhaps I need to buy a new winter shovel!
I love the people I work with. They are wonderful, caring, fun people, it is the reason I don’t mind going into work everyday. This morning (I get into work about 6:00 am), it was absolutely freezing on our floor. (I work on the 9th floor of a 32 floor office building.) Turns out that a power outage over the weekend skewed the heating system, and there was no heat in the building for most of the weekend and certainly not this morning. At 9:00 am it was still freezing but suggestions from the guys across the hall asking that we all huddle together in one room began to sound more appealing by the moment!
Every Monday my friend E.D. and I have a great discussion over the discoveries made during the weekend. I struggle often with trying to understand people who are crying out to be loved, yet don’t recognize those who have the capacity to love them. We have talked about this before and we both agreed that these people are fearful of love or afraid to love or afraid to receive love. Her suggestion to me… Stop worrying about it and stop trying to rescue them. She said to me that "You can't rescue everybody and the people that you feel need to be rescued, probably aren't the people that you would want to have as a partner". I ranted on about the fact that there are so many people out there looking for love and if they’d only open their eyes and hearts, they would find love closer than they believe it to be. She reiterated the fact that “You cannot save the world” and for the first time I began to understand just what that really meant AND agreed to what she had to say. Not only that, I certainly must apologize to all those I tried to love who chose not to accept it. I believe you have your own agenda and I most certainly respect you for that!
So for all you out there, tennis pros to Zibits who are looking for love, first look within, if you find it there, you will find it anywhere, then… May you all find the true love you say you are seeking, recognize it as such, then embrace it, and treat it with respect, compassion and understanding. Treat it with tenderness, openness and with an uninhibited heart and mind. But more than anything, Open your heart to unconditionally receiving and reciprocating that love, with LOVE, and above all, never let it go for it is the most exhilarating experience you will ever know.


No comments:
Post a Comment