I have not always been wise in choices I have made in the past, but have learned lately that it’s not so much the choices any more but the lessons learned from those choices. If we have learned the lessons from our past well, then we never have to second-guess the future choices. If we trust that we are making that choice from our heart and it is made in love and kindness than it can’t help but be the right choice.
I always did things that were just a bit off, different from the norm. I was always my own unique personality even when I was working hard at being part of “the crowd”. I always heard my own drummer but was often, too afraid to march to its song and felt that perhaps I had missed out on opportunities to live to my full potential.
I have always been attracted to those who were different, who did their own thing, rebelled to be independant and unique. I call those people Pioneers or Explorers because they had/have the chutzpa to follow their heart. Now, in my 50’s, I have the opportunity to be an Explorer myself. I have a second chance so to speak… my heart is just as zealous, but my body and thoughts are not moving with the reckless abandon of youth. On the contrary, I move with a methodical wisdom that allows me to appreciate another shot at life’s experiences.I am learning about risk, love, mindful choices and incredible opportunities and in this last half of my life I am more than grateful for that second chance.


No comments:
Post a Comment