Saturday was a race around day. Teddy to the clippers, trying to find a pair of dress pants… Not at “Winners” this time! I spent a fortune on them, well in comparison to my sister Cathy who when I saw her that evening was wearing a most classic outfit of which she informed me she paid a grand total of $10 for. She shops second hand… a very wise woman indeed! Only problem with that is you spend hours looking through racks and racks of clothes and I’m afraid one has to have a great deal of patience to do that… me... I HAVE NONE!
Back to Saturday… The evening was spent in a two-hour ceremony at a Catholic church where my sister’s daughter was confirmed, then over to her home for dinner. (By the way, I am not Catholic, my sister converted so that her children might go to the Catholic schools which, according to her research, has a better system and teachers.)
JR, my favourite niece!

Today, I met up with about 20+ of the Calgary Flickr group (see http://www.flickr.com/groups/40732569171@N01/ ). We met in an industrial district in Calgary and I was amazed at what I found. There is beauty in the monotony of cement, asphalt and aluminum… if you look for it. They called for snow today, they were wrong and we had a most enjoyable sunny afternoon. I had not used my camera for a while and it was good to have it in hand once again. (Next big outing with it will be in April on the west coast and I am so looking forward to being there again.)
Not only that… I got all my laundry done as well! YEE HA! A most productive weekend indeed.
Work tomorrow. Last week in March… time is just zooming by.
Some photos of the outing...



See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandygirl/sets/72057594091373272/ for the complete picture story.


No comments:
Post a Comment