My son enjoys dropping his clothes just about anywhere in the house, leaving trails back to his room the likes of Hansel and Gretal would be proud of. Gary, (my late husband), was Dutch and lived up to the reputation about the Dutch being clean freaks. I must admit Gary wasn’t obsessed but whenever he and our son argued it was always over Nick’s untidiness. Now that Nick pays room and board and is also working full-time, he has a better appreciation for the home he also finds to be his sanctuary and I have to give him credit, helps now with keeping the house clean. (Of course now that I have been bragging about him it’s a guarantee that he will be as sloppy as it gets…)
The night before the house cleaner comes, I run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to tidy the house… DUH… what part am I missing here? My son thinks I’m crazy… maybe I am. Anyway, on this full moon night, I just finished cleaning up so the cleaning woman can come in and do her job. Sheesh! That's hard work!!!
Spring seems to be eluding us these days. The snow is lingering and I still find the north wind a bit too biting, cold, to go out for a walk with Teddy…(Ok that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. Besides I’m sure I just got a work out doing my whirlwind sweep through the house!)
It also occured to me that perhaps if I held a “Spring Diva Tea Party” it might chase the winter blues away. This would not as elaborate as my Diva Night, (see below) but I thought that I would make everybody wear a spring dress with white gloves, a hat (like last time) and each person is to bring one “no crust, cut in quarters” sandwich and three pieces of desert. The original Diva 7 will be invited (myself plus my six special girlfriends) and I will invite 4 more to be added to the Diva Hall of Fame. We had such a blast during my Diva Night and I thought it was time to celebrate our Goddess beauty once again.
Ever had a Diva party? No??? Oh you must, it is so much fun!
Well, I'm off to bed... 4:00 am comes early.
Pics of Diva Night 2004… a celebration of my dearest of Goddess friends:




Our Goddess Wands:


2 comments:
I always clean before the housekeeper comes. Then I clean while she's cleaning (mostly trying to organize all the stuff that she so neatly arranges into piles) and then I clean after she leaves. Except for the brief moment after she is finished, my home never looks clean.
Your Diva party sounds great.
I also want to have a DIVA party!!!! Please tell me what you guys do!! LOL
Post a Comment