Monday, March 13, 2006

LULULEMON!

I have tried to stay fit most of my life. On and off I have slipped and gone into overdrive when it came to being a sloth. Incentive is usually my only motivation. Some examples include... a South Pacific vacation where I had to fit into a two-piece bathing suit, Christmas function when I wanted to fit into a slinky dress, or special occasions where I was meeting someone I wanted to impress.

When I got back from Italy I kind of went into a tailspin. I stopped exercising and lost interest in my good eating habits. Hmmm??? I wonder if it had anything to do with the state of my personal life? Of course it did! I felt miserable about a relationship I had been in and this just carried onto how I felt about my life and myself.

At the end of February when I had my 53 birthday I said to myself… “Enough is enough girl! You’ve waded in the pity pool far too long it’s time to take charge.” So... I decided to disengage the relationship, got in contact with a personal trainer (who is also going to counsel me on nutrition), have brought out my paints and craft tools (the creative side of me), I have been reading about inspiring women and embracing my ture self.

Winters are not easy for those who are not into winter sports. Calgary is usually in winter mode for a good portion of the year. Most winters I hibernate, become a hermit until the buds began to pop out in late May. I don’t even walk Teddy on most days in winter… he so hates winter! But this year I'm going to meet spring with a fit body by seriously getting involved in proper fitness. A program that is suited to my age and one that challenges me at the same time.

Today I met with CK, she’s going to help me get on the path to better fitness. My body is ready to move. I have so much energy inside. CK was impressed! This made me really happy because I just know that this is the right thing to do. My body is starving to rejuvenate itself and get into a healthier position. I feel it and I especially felt it today when I was going through the tests that CK was giving me. I am so excited and motivated to get on tract to a better lifestyle. CK is so cool and I know the right person for me to get myself to a place where I can soar.

I am not a poor eater. I don’t do fast foods; I eat whole grains, fruits, veggies and a good amount of protein. I choose healthy snacks… ok the odd chocolate, cookie or ice cream cone… hell a girl has to live doesn’t she? Although I must admit my craving for chocolate has grown considerably these past months. Doesn’t that have to do with the need to feel happy and chocolate has something in it that makes you feel that way??

I do believe and have a strong feeling within that if I get on-track with my fitness that everything else will fall into place. Not that I am living such a bad life, as those of you who have read my blog already know. But I believe that you have to make a commitment to work at being healthy on all levels, physically, mentally, spiritually. And that is what I plan to do!

My goal, well it’s to get into a lululemon outfit (see: <http://www.lululemoncalgary.com/index.php> ) without looking like I’m an old gal trying to fit into young girl’s clothing!

Are you feeling kind of out of sorts? Down on yourself? I think that just even walking for a half an hour every night just allows you to breathe in fresh air, fresh ideas, fresh joy for who you are. I think it also inspires you to do other creative things… So, what are you waiting for? Plug in your IPOD, or CD player, fill it with some great music… (me, I love Motown) and just fill yourself up!

Lululemon here I come!
Wish me luck!

No comments: