Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Life at 53 A New Beginning

My life is a very good one. So rather than talk about all my personal lessons (while I hope they are helpful to some, there are more things in this world than my epiphanies! The world is full of epiphanies and that’s what makes life so remarkable…) I thought I would just write something light and fun.

So today I am at home. I made this remarkable broccoli soup… YUM, YUM! Stewed roast beef in wine gravy (to be served with mashed potato and veggies), and mini chocolate brownies (you pour the batter into tiny muffin molds and they end up being bite-sized delights!). I love to cook. I find it very cathartic and relaxing. Working a fulltime job and running around doing errands on weekends doesn’t give me much time to relax and make a full-meal deal. Perhaps when I retire I will get to do it more.

I have decided to work with a personal trainer for about a month. I just don’t seem to be able to get motivated when it comes to healthy, physical activity and so I figured if I had someone to kick my butt for awhile that perhaps I would take it all a little more seriously, get back on track and get into a lifelong routine. Fore some reason, after my birthday, I just had this intense feeling that it was a new beginning for me and that I had better get all my ducks in order because I was about to embark on a fast track to something bigger than I could ever imagine.

I love to write but have often thought what the hell do you write about? I mean short story wise… two weekends ago I was watching a program on great Albertans and the author W.O. Mitchell was being interviewed. It was the shortest of clips and I hardly got to hear it because I was visiting at my friend's home and they kept talking… imagine… how rude… Ok maybe I was the rude one not paying attention to them… Anyway, Mitchell was being asked about where he got his stories and his style of writing from… and he said something to the effect… 'writing is just plagiarizing your life story.' I thought that was so cool!

Teddy, (my Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier – 11 years old), is in his glory because I am home today. This gives him cause to want outside, oh, about every 5 min. Now normally when no one is home he sleeps contently in the spare room on the bed. Lord knows what it is when I’m home that makes him want to pee more! There is lots of snow in the back yard and he loves digging his nose into it. I tried to get a picture of his face covered in it but he hates the camera for some reason. So what I got was a mug shot with a bit of melting snow on his beard.

Teddy Again Teddy hates getting his picture taken

I have been overwhelmed as of late in the perusal of other people’s blogs. There are so many creative people out there that I am just in awe of them all. Many young women who have taken the bull by the horns and have their art and ideas out there for all to appreciate. It is such a great inspiration to me. Thank you!

'And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.'

"There are times in every woman's life where she does need to get out and expand and do all those things that make her the best version of herself."


So on and on I go…

Have a great day today!

No comments: