Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Limbo Kind Of Day


Some days I just want out! What is that saying? “Stop the world I want to get off?”

I have been feeling like I am in limbo these days. Alice, just before she opens the door to another adventure. I know there are things to come but my intuitiveness tells me I must learn to live in the moment, the now, and appreciate it for what it is. Lately, I feel like I am deprogramming all that I was taught in my youth. Beliefs of what happiness is and how to achieve it, such as the higher education, the perfect mate, the house, great job, yadayadayada… you know the routine. That when achieved, it all equals happiness. But we all know the truth about where happiness comes from, even if we are unwilling to admit it.

When I have limbo days, I turn to music. I turn to my comfort tunes, the ones I listened to over and over again when I was a teen, a young adult, an older adult…

Today when as I was preparing to walk the dog I grabbed the one CD I know I can always depend on to wrap me like a warm “Linus Blanket,” my Carole King ‘Tapestry’ album. I have played that album so much I wore out three vinyl disks. Tunes like “I Feel The Earth Move’, ‘So Far Away’, ‘Smack Water Jack’, ‘Will You Still Love Me’ (James Taylor helping her on that one) and of course ‘You’ve Got A Friend’….

Comfort food for my soul on a limbo kind of day.


After Note:

Today, CK announced that she is going to go to New York City by herself. HORRAY!!!! A gutzie move CK! That’s that explorer in you just bubbling to come out. FEARS you say? Who me? (she says) Damn right! But CK, isn’t it more important for you to discover and embrace your true self than it is to die never grabbing the opportunities that are placed before you?

Good friends always support and I’m right here cheering you on in the bleachers my newfound friend!

No comments: