A relationship I have with a long-distance friend, recently vaporized into nothingness. Although I understand or think I understand the reason for the sudden disappearance, I still find the total silence of my friend perplexing.
Like everything else in my life lately, I have tried to find the lesson learned in all that has happened to me and the relationship I had with my friend, is no exception. Here’s what I came up with.
The experience with my friend taught me that…
1) Love is never painful. If you are hurting one another it is not love.
2) Love is reciprocal. True love is unconditional yes, but one cannot maintain a relationship when love is not reciprocated.
and most importantly...
Wanting love never attracts love to you. You must learn to love yourself and know that you are worthy of love. I believe it is then and only then that one is able to feel true love in every place one’s heart chooses to touch… and I don’t mean just in the arms of another person but in each and every precious breath that one breathes.
I am grateful to have experienced this very profound and very powerful lesson.
It never ceases to amaze me how, in the end, it’s always, ALWAYS about the experience and whether or not you have learned the lesson.
And as Forrest Gump would say... "that's all I'm going to say about that."


No comments:
Post a Comment