Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sunday and Life is Good

Went to pick up Nick’s car this morning. He called yesterday. He sounds happy and that makes my heart sing. I think he got a bad deal when his father died but then there are many that have experienced the same as he and they have survived and thrived and have made the best of their lives. This walking 10 hours a day seems to have given him some self-confidence. Something he has been seeking for a while recently, that and a purpose. I love my child more than I can express and perhaps more than he will ever know.

It is a beautiful day today. The sun is shinning brightly, it is a bit cool, but after all it is spring. Just did Sunday kind of things today. Picked up a few things from the health food store, got myself coffee at Starbucks and went to Winners to check out the clothes. When I got home, PR was working in her garden and of course that gave me reason to detain the work that needed to be done around the house today. In the summer we are always at each other’s homes but in the winter we hibernate, so it was nice to be out there in the warm sun talking about gardens and summer to come. The girls MR and CR are in the midst of exams but are looking forward to the usual summer evening routine of exercise again and I can hardly wait until we get going. I have so much fun with the girls and I get to hear all about all their concerns from boyfriends to school. It’s like having a daughter without the responsibility.

I sat on the back deck eating left over pizza and watermelon, and then kind of took a catnap lying in the sun. The greatest thing about Alberta summers is that it stays light for a long time into the evening. By June it is light until 10:30 pm. Makes the day linger just that much longer.

Hockey game tonight, see: http://www.redmile.blogspot.com/ and http://www.calgaryflames.com/

That’s when I shall walk the dog. The path should be clear at that time, since most will be watching the game. I am Canadian and I do love hockey, but it just isn’t the hockey that I knew as a young girl. Nevertheless I would not pass by a playoff ticket if offered one! I had the privilege to attend one of the final Stanley Cup playoff games last time Calgary had a shot at it and I must tell you it was a thrill of a lifetime! Another girlhood dream come true.

Well I’m off to visit my neighbours. I do love summer, don’t you?

No comments: