Yesterday was a beautiful day. It was sunny and warm. 22C (for those of you who are metrically challenged that is about 71F). And of course it was a workday. This morning, which is Saturday, a weekend, it is 0C and raining/snowing. Ah Calgary, gotta love it!
Nick is off working on a seismic crew. It’s damn hard work that, he called yesterday sounding totally exhausted. “I don’t think I like this Mom,” was his comment. It will be interesting to see how long he lasts. He has a strong will and determination for some things, money is the motivator to utilize both characteristics. Regardless, I miss him lots.
E.D. took the day off yesterday and spent the time in her garden. She did phone me at work, we seem to need our daily boost of philosophical encouragement. Gardening is her passion and she sounded so happy when I talked to her on the phone. Smart decision to take yesterday off considering the weather today I would say! Me, I just looked out into the backyard and sighed. I’m not sure what I will do this year regarding my garden, if that’s what you might call it. I use to love taking care of a garden; perhaps I can get back into it this summer.
I had forgotten that I had plans to meet with L.L. for dinner last night and was reminded when I got an email from her. “YIKES!” What with running around helping Nick gather all the gear he needed for his job it had completely slipped my mind. Our dinners are always our catch-up times and they usually last for 3 hours or longer. She and I never stop talking except to chew and swallow our food. Lo and I have been friends for a very longtime and we never seem to run out of topics to talk about.
Last night we went to the CAPO restaurant in Inglewood. (http://www.caporestaurant.ca/index.htm ) If you live in Calgary, this is a MUST for dining experience. The food was just out of this world and the credit goes to chef Giuseppe Di Gennaro. EVERYTHING melted in my mouth. It was fresh, some even organic and absolutely superb! Thanks L.L. I always have a magnificent time when I am out with you.
This past week has been more than hectic and for some reason, l got very little sleep. This morning I slept in and it felt fantastic! This weekend will be “catch-up” on my housework, laundry and grocery shopping (of which I just hate to do). Since the weather forecast is for miserable weather all weekend I have no excuse to do otherwise. So I had better get at it.
Life goes on doesn’t it? Unfortunately, it’s not all glamour! (smiles to herself) Hope you all have a great Saturday!
Saturday, April 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment