After a days respite, I am back.
Women really need to embrace the incredible Goddesses that we are. We have such resilience when it comes to all the hormonal and emotional ups and downs we go through. I became acutely aware of this, struggling through and recovering from one of these periods this past week. In fact, I actually feel stronger and more empowered because of it! I think this is where women have the advantage over men. We have learned, through the generations, how to be strong individuals. Problem is, our culture portrays us as the weaker sex and we believed them, despite our phenomenal intuition that is constantly reminding us otherwise.
I am not a feminist by any means. I love to be pampered and treated like a Queen by my man. I like the traditions of holding the door open for a lady, or have my man tell me “he’d take the bear for me”, for I believe that is more about love and respect than it is sexist. Lets face it, men and women are different and I think that is the flaw in orthodox feminist thinking. It’s when women truly embrace their differences between the sexes that we are able to embrace the remarkable attributes that we so often conceal or choose not to recognize. Attributes such as our intuition, our compassion, our capacity to love and nurture among just a few. Having said that, I also believe that women are just as capable at running a corporation, or a country, as they are at running a vacuum cleaner or washing machine. In fact, I’d have to say that women are probably more capable then men at handling a diverse range of situations because we are so versatile… no bias here of course!
Since the death of my husband I have struggled with loneliness and the desire to share a tender, physical moment with a man, but I have held down a fulltime job, paid my bills on time, managed the household (which includes the maintenance), attended my son’s needs and was there for my friends when they needed an ear and that is nothing compared to the multitude of women, many of which are single mothers, who are leading far more challenging lives then I do.
There is the Hockey Hall of Fame, Baseball Hall of Fame, even a Rock and Role Hall of Fame, I think we should have
“The Every Day Woman Hall Of Fame”.
Only problem is there wouldn’t be a facility large enough to hold all the women that should be in there! Here are some of the people I would induct!
My mom, my Grandmother M (for sure, she had 13 kids!), my aunt who struggled and eventually died of breast cancer, my cousin MW who created a Wellness Clinic and has become very successful in spreading the good word across Canada. Closer to home I would say LL who is forever generous and giving, not to mention non-judgmental, E.D. for her determination to hold onto a belief when others said she should walk away, AT for her dedication to her son, JL for her lifetime quest to find and spread joy, MH for her admirable and total devotion to family and friends, (she sure kept my head above water on a few occasions), GG for always being there in times of need, CH who is challenged every day with the disease MS, my neighbour PR who stayed at home to take care of her family rather than pursue a career, AO who shows more compassion than anyone I have ever met and CK who believes in angels. That list could go on for a long time.
Who do you know that might deserve that honour?
I have set up a new blog. It can be found at the following site. http://edwhof.blogspot.com/
If you know of someone you’d like to place on that list, feel free to add their name in the comments section or at the following email address: canadian1st@hotmail.com .
Each day I will make an entry with the names of those women you feel have a right to be recognized, lets see where it goes from there.
Goddesses are intelligent, diverse, versatile, voluptuous, sensual, and so much more. Be and live your best Goddess.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment