
“A man watches his pear tree day after day, impatient for the ripening of the fruit. Let him attempt to force the process, and he may spoil both the fruit and tree. But let him patiently wait, and the ripened fruit at length falls into his lap.”
~Abraham Lincoln~
~Abraham Lincoln~
In the past three years I have learned much about patience. Healing from grief does not take a week or a month. It is a process and a long and enduring one. But in understanding this, one tends to flow with the waves of such a process and in doing so, you begin to relate that experience to other events in your life which in turn, allows you to move forward with an ease that you might not have felt had you chosen to resist the flow.
Love is another experience that involves patience. Just ask my friend E.D. who seems to have the patience of Jobe when it comes to love, and has put great effort into the understanding of the importance of patience and love. She has been a great inspiration to me opening my heart and mind to the value of patience in loving. I also know through my own experience, patience is love and love is patience, but I have not always believed it and as a result I am sure that I have missed or dismissed love given to me by others.
Topic of discussion with CK yesterday was either you see life through joy or through suffering. It has been a common theme in my life as of late. In notes from and discussions with friends this topic keeps coming up. Since we are all the same age perhaps it is one of these common, (what I call), "crossroads" where you just stop and look at all four paths and say, I have a choice, which will it be? I always say, “Follow your heart,” and as easy as that may sound, I still second guess my heart sometimes and end up taking the detour that leads me to a lesson that leads me, hopefully back to the “right road” for me.
Did you all get that??
It amazes me how life is so complex yet so very simple. Ah the beauty of life!
Hockey game on Friday night was fun. We got to sit in a corporate box where you are very close to the ice, and are treated with food and drink. I was talking to a fellow who had asked if I watched many games on television. I told him I had not watch television for about 5 years now, and I kind of shocked myself when I said this. That is a long time, and I really haven’t missed it. I have only seen one show of Survivor, never seen American Idol or any of those types of shows and you know what? I don’t even miss it. Someone asked me one time “What do you do if you don’t watch television?” I was amazed at that questioned, following up with , “All the things I’ve always wanted to do, like read, walk, take photographs, paint, having a lengthy conversation with my son, sit and listen to music…”
It is almost noon and I haven’t moved my butt one inch! I love Sundays, but I had better get going and do my laundry and get ready for my trip this upcoming weekend.
I choose to live my life in joy because the alternative just sounds so dark to me. I guess that would be called following my heart for sure.
Have a great day today all!


No comments:
Post a Comment