
Mid-week I was in the local grocery store picking up something for dinner and I happened to pass buy these tulips. 6 for about $3. Now I thought it a bit pricy but I thought what the heck it would be nice to have some fresh flowers in the house. So, I picked them up.
Well, this past week was a particularly difficult one for me and toward the end of the week I found myself totally exhausted. One night after work I walked into the kitchen and the first thing I saw were these beautiful, tiny, pink tulips and it stopped me dead in my tracks. This warm, wonderful feeling ran through me at the sight of them and I thought how amazing that these wee tulips, now in full bloom, had made me feel so good.
I think we allow many things to complicate our lives. Our job, our responsibility to family and friends, even unnecessary worries. And I think that is why simplicity seems to overwhelm us sometimes. The simplicity of a sunset, a full moon on a warm summer's evening, a child’s laughter, a friends smile or the simplicity of 6 tiny pink tulips.
“The aspects of things that are most important to us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity.”
~Ludwig Wittgenstein~


1 comment:
First of all, anything the right shade of pink makes me smile anytime day or night--from a pastel pink kleenex, to my pink nightshirt, to your photo of your pink tulips.
Secondly--I thing $3 is well worth the lovely sight of tulips of any shade greeting you. . .
The picture is lovely--thank you for sharing it.
Roxanne
Post a Comment