Monday, April 03, 2006

Knowledge

“Some men know that a light touch of the tongue, running from a woman’s toes to her ears, lingering in the softest way possible in various places in-between, given often enough and sincerely enough, would add immeasurable to world peace.”
~ Marianne Williamson ~

That quote has nothing to do with what I am going to talk about. I just thought it sounded so delicious and I also know it to be true!

The thirst for knowledge is insatiable if you let it be, and when you are thirsty it is amazing how people, books, and information just seem to find their way to you, open with all the knowledge you can drink down.

I feel I am on this growth spirt lately. All the questions I have asked or wondered about for years are starting to be answered. Lately there seems to be far more clarity to issues I have thought about, struggled with and talked on and on about with friends and family. Issues such as doing what I feel is important to me as oppose to what others think I should do. That is a hard one for we all want to be liked to be sure. But what I have learned is that it is more valuable to be liked for the person that I am than the person I think others want me to be.

I am learning that not everyone needs saving (a recent discover of mine, that I think I need to save anyone who is sad or hurting) and I am reminded of a part of a note a dear friend of mine wrote that went something like this…

"We can't protect the people that we love from pain or sorrow or sadness, anymore than we can save them from joy and happiness and growth and peace; were we to think that those are things people need to be saved from. My pain is not a reflection of you or on you, it means more than anything that I am willing to feel, and to risk, and to be in the stream of life as I am."

I loved that note and truly think it is profound, for me at least.

Today E.D. and I talked about indecision. This is something that I really think I need to work on. Make your decision, stick to it and let God or the universe take care of the rest. But if you are forever changing your mind, how in the world is the universe suppose to know what it is that you want?! I realized that once I made a decision and stuck to it, my life flowed far smoother than it did when I was wavering on indecision. “A man without decision can never be said to belong to himself.” ~John Watson Foster~

And last but not least was CK’s and my “ah ha” when she was working with me today. We were discussing about focus which lead to a discussion about women and how they never really took the time to focus on themselves. There is always family and friends and your job or duties as a mother, wife, etc… Our culture even insinuates that perhaps it is selfish to do things solely for ourselves. And as I was doing my core exercises it occurred to me, not unlike our body, unless we work on our "soul core", (the spirit within), by recognizing its beauty, embracing it, nourishing it with lots of love to make it strong, it will become ill and eventually die.

"Whether you know it or not, one of the most important relationships in your life is with your Soul. Will you be kind and loving to your Soul, or will you be harsh and difficult? Many of us unknowingly damage our Souls with our negative attitudes and actions or by simple neglect. By making the relationship with your Soul an important part of your life, however, by honoring it in your daily routine, you give your life greater meaning and substance. Use your experiences--all of them--as opportunities to nourish your Soul!" ~Elizabeth Kuebler Ross~

My friends bring me insight to myself, my world view and the perspective I have in this life. I have said this a million times and will admit it a million more... I am most grateful to my friends and the love they share with me. Without you the path of my journey would be a hell of a lot bumpier than it is!! I love you all! XXX OOO

No comments: