For some time now on my birthday I have decided that I would have a theme that would better myself and would make me a better person in this world. One year I worked on being more thankful, another year less judgmental… you get my drift. This year I have two projects to work on. Both have been a re-occurring ideal and both I have been working on for a great deal of my life but perhaps with not as great a zealousness as I know I am capable of.
The first one is to be a more loving person. To see the love, joy and happiness in all things and treat others with that same love, joy and happiness. The second thing is to be just as kind and loving to myself as I am to others. In other words a theme of worthiness that I belong to those feelings, passions and emotions just as much as they belong to me.
My son tests me every single day on both of these concepts and I am pretty positive that God has brought Nick to me so that I might learn to practice these qualities. He is somewhat of a negative person, and I have to honestly say I do not know where he has got it from for I know that both his father and I tried to always have an upbeat outlook on life in general. He just happens to be one of those personalities that see the glass half empty rather than half full. I find him incredibly challenging... yet I love him with all my heart.
Anyway, this is my goal this year to truly work on in regards to acting upon, reacting to, practicing and living in, love, joy and happiness. I belive it will make a profound difference in my life.
Alright now, it is late Sunday and I really wanted to talk about how wonderful my birthday was, in fact I must say it was the best birthday yet… more to come because at eight in the evening I still have a bit more laundry to do (I had so much fun this weekend I didn't do many chores) and prep for tomorrow’s day at work… So I will tell you all about it tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment