Friday, February 24, 2006

Wow, 53 years today!

Today is my birthday. 53 years… yes I even admit it! No problem here, I actually think it is incredible that I have made it this far! Well maybe grateful would be a better word. I took the day off… my gift to me. I was up at 4 shoveling snow, drove Nick into work and am preparing for a great day.

I opened the blinds to my kitchen window this morning and the sun was shinning from the east… it was still snowing just ever so lightly and the flakes were reflecting off the sunlight. It was as if I was inside one of those glass balls that you shake and the snow flakes drift around, swirling and slowly floating to the bottom of the glass. It reminded me of a time that Gary, Nick and I went to Lake Louise. I remember it was bitterly cold but I wanted to skate on the lake. I was the only one out there and as I looked around at the moon silhouetting the mountains and the Lake Louise hotel that looked like a castle, I thought to myself, I feel like a princess, that thanks to Gary and Nick, I felt like all my childhood dreams had come true. Thank you my precious Gary, I so love you and I so miss you… and my darling Nick, you bring so much joy to my life and allow me to know what deep love is.

A new year to discover more about myself and about life. How blessed is that?!?!?!

Today, I will go where the wind blows me and then… Dinner tonight with my very best friend Lois at Il Sogno… http://www.ilsogno.org/ Doesn’t get any better than this.

Details to follow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy (1-day late) Birthday! I hope your day was divine, and your dinner out with your friend a real treat :) Good wishes to you !