It is a chocolate night for me. I am not a great fan of chocolate or sweets for that matter. Once a month when I am looking bloated and feeling the same, somehow chocolate just seems to comfort my soul. I never have it around but yesterday Nick bought two Toblerone bars and one piece lead to another and well you know the story…
I have read in the case of women, especially around that time of the month, chocolate is about the worst thing to stick into your mouth, that and coffee, which is the other thing I crave along with the chocolate… I mean a mocha cappuccino, along with the 7 grain muffin now I know the muffin is healthy… Pardon me, you're asking is that decaf and how much fat in the muffin? I don’t know? Why?
I’m a potato chip girl myself. I love salted goodies. Give me a bag of Cheetos any day… on second thought better keep them for yourself. At 53 my metabolism doesn’t quite keep up with my food intake these days, like everything else about me, it's moving on "slow" mode and well you all know what happens when you eat one too many Cheetos!
Popcorn now there’s something I could eat day in and day out and still want more. It fills you up and tastes good and even better when you’re watching a movie. “What’s that you say? Do I use butter?” “Well yes, as a matter of fact I do and salt also!” Scratch a bowl of buttered popcorn off the list. My friend Glen he eats it plain without any topping… doesn’t it stick in your throat? I mean the butter is exactly what you need to slide those little popped kernels down your throat right?! No? … Oh.Ok then what about taco chips and salsa. Gotta be a good snack… only if I have it without any melted cheese and the chips have to be baked and unsalted. But the Salsa is good you say? But you can’t eat just salsa can you?
Melba toast and cheese? Only if it’s low fat cheese. BLA!
I have a container of Soya ice cream in the fridge… high sugar content you say? And trust me girls it is no substitute for Häagen-Dazs!
Look I might as well chew on a piece of cardboard. High fiber content, is good for me, not only that it would fill me up you say?
Common you guys, can’t a girl just indulge herself without thinking about how many pounds she is going to pack on to her abdomen or hips??????
Whaaaaaaaaaa!
This is way too depressing!!! I think I’ll pull a Scarlet O’Hara and think about it all tomorrow. In the meantime I’m heading downstairs to watch a movie, with a bowl of ice cream, my buttered popcorn and a Dr. Pepper… oh and a side order of Hershey bar and a coffee to go!


3 comments:
i love raisinettes with my popcorn. a raisinette and a few popcorns at a time, yum! potato chips dipped in breyers sherbert, yum! good snack for watching movies. i'm on my way to a pool party, otherwise, i just might have some now. i hope you enjoyed your movie, as well as your snacks.
Sylvia,
Thanks for your note. I'm not a great fan of rasins so your special mixture would not be on my top ten list to be sure!
Blogging has been incredibly cathartic for me since my husband's death of three years ago. Like you I have met, through the internet, wonderful people, women especially who have inspired my writing every day.
Thanks for participating in my blog and hope to see you there more often.
Sandy
Oh, my list of indulgences is way too long to list. . .I am way too fond of salt AND sugar AND caffeine, so what's a girl to do?
Buy stock in elastic is what a girl is to do. :)
Post a Comment