
I had a very inspiring lunch with a client of mine today. I love when this happens, not so much the lunch, which by the way, was grilled salmon in maple syrup served with grilled asparagus. The appetizer was deep fried lasagna chips with tomato artichoke dip.
Ok now I don’t know whether I want to talk about food or talk about the inspirational lunch. I think I shall talk about my lunch with CC. We have had lunch a few times before and we always end up talking about things spiritual. We talk about intuitiveness, synchronicity, coincidence, energies. Well, today we had this long conversation about how people come into your life for a reason. We discussed that there is usually something we learn from someone or that perhaps they may learn from us but it is never a coincidence that people come into your life when they do.
It is late and I need to head to bed. I do want to talk about this more because I was so enlighten by our conversation. But let me leave you with this…
Mike is a street person that sells newspapers on a street where I must pass to go to this particular restaurant we went to today. I often give Mike the change I have in my purse and we strike up a conversation. I don’t usually buy Mike’s papers that he sells so every time I pass on some money to him he usually has a book in his knapsack that he passes along to me. They are usually spiritual or uplifting in some way and I either read them or don’t or pass them along to someone else. Today I saw Mike and we talked and I gave him some money and he passed me along a book. It was “Illusions” by Richard Bach. I have this book and it is one of my favourites to read. I have read it many times and told Mike so. “Well then, pass it along to a friend, “ he says. I turned to CC and said you must read this book it is so inspirational. Then I randomly opened the page and this is what we read on that page…
“Every person, All the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.”
This so went hand in hand with what we had been discussing over lunch. Coincidence? I think not!
To be continued….


3 comments:
Don't you LOVE it when that happens????? One time I saw a gal in our worship service that I felt needed some water. She was young, and I saw her leaning against her husband looking very pale. . .when I looked back again, all I saw was her shoulder because she had slumped over into his lap. Our church was in the Houston medical center, and we got lots of cancer patients. . .I assumed she was taking treatments. I got up, walked out of the service, went to the kitchen, got some ice water and brought it to her. I have never carried an open drink of any sort into a worship service before, but I felt this was necessary. There were intercom speakers in the hallway so that you could hear whomever was at the microphone in the auditorium no matter where you were in the building, and as I was walking back from the kitchen with my dixie cup of ice water for the gal, I heard this well loved scripture being read over the speaker, "If you give someone a cup of cold water in my name, you have done so to me." The words of Christ. . .I got cold chills.
I delivered the ice water and a napkin. . .she mouthed "Thank you." She and her husband left before church was over. . .but a few weeks later they returned to visit again. Turns out she didn't have cancer but was pregnant and had a rare heart disorder. The pregnancy was aggrivating it, and that was why she was so ill that day.
Also turns out that her name is Roxanne too. . .that almost NEVER happens. To quote you. . ."Coincidence? I think not. . ."
R--
That is a most beautiful story Roxanne! I wrote you a note regarding it.
Love
Sandy xxxooo
Just as openining this page this evening and reading this... all day I've been thinking about a few things that have happened lately that have given me those "cold chills." I'm gathering my thoughts and will write about them, but right now I've gotta ge the boys to bed :)
Post a Comment