Friday, May 18, 2007

I'm Coming Out!!! No, not that coming out!!!


Well, it has been awhile since I have written. Much happening lately so lets get going.

Yesterday I gave back the dogs that I had adopted. It’s a very long story and I won’t bore you with the details but I will say that after one month in my house they were still tearing things apart and doing “their business” on my living room carpet, barking incessantly at my neighbours and or their dogs when they were out in the backyard, AND still biting me when they encountered other dogs when I tried to walk them. I tried and it was just too frustrating. I actually called my mother one night and cried because I thought I was a failure and was validated with a “Dear, just get rid of the dogs!” Mom’s just seem to come through when you need them!

So tonight, Heather is working, Nick has gone camping (as it is the Victoria Day weekend… my sweet Victoria in Houston, I am thinking about you!), and I am completely on my own, no stress, just me, my house and total and complete quiet… ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I have been working hard to move forward lately. Reading books, meaningful conversations with my friend E.D. I also signed up and followed through on a 5 day course called Personal Best (see: http://www.personalbestseminars.com/home.php ). The course was intense but very inspiring and profound and much to my surprise or not, it has jumpstarted my motivational battery, energized it so to speak. I was in great need of a boost that is for sure and this was just what the doctor ordered.
Taking the course has shifted my perspective just enough to see the path before me again, and grounded me again for Lord knows I was a boat without a rudder heading for stormy waters. It’s time to get on with feeling the joy and passion and letting go of sadness and pain and pity.

I have also decided to sign up for a yoga class that E.D. has been suggesting (with passion I might add). I will be taking the beginners course ( see: http://www.canadianmeditation.org/current.html ). E.D. has raved about how beneficial it has been to her since she has begun there and assures me it is totally not about ego here. I am quite excited about it and will start in June.

Also in June I will be taking my photography course (although I have not received the written “snail-mail” confirmation… will call on Tuesday to find out status.) I am very excited about this as I have not touched my camera in sometime and believe I really need to get back into it again.

Now back to the course. I will be taking the second part in late June (there are three parts to this series). The first part of this program has inspired me to finally embark on something I have wanted to do for quite sometime. I have always wanted to have some place where women could go for information and support and empowerment. Ultimately that would be a facility that includes all sorts of incredible ideas that I won’t go into right at this moment, but I have been inspired to start a webpage and get going on that. I know very little about creating a webpage but I am working on it. I plan to buy a MAC yes you heard me a MAC… great graphics and easy help with creating web pages… awesome web pages I am told, so until I get my web page set up I have created a blog and will move forward with the “embryo” (so to speak) of my awesome creation. (By the way, I have been using the word “awesome” quite a bit latel!)
The information will be local to begin with as I feel there is a need for it, but will expand… I just know it! So those of you who have been loyal readers and have become loving friends I encourage you to go there from time to time and I would love to add your stories or any information and knowledge you may have that I can pass onto other women. The blog can be found at: http://www.womeninfonetwork.blogspot.com
I encourage you to participate in its growth if you like for you have all given me such great ideas, have been a remarkable source of support and empowerment to me throughout the years I have been writing. (Stephanie your ideas regarding art and crafts would be awesome, for I just love your art, Roxanne some of your “mother experience” stories… you are such a great story teller, E.D. your wisdom and input on recourses for healing… and Cheryl, I know you’re out there, your knowledge in the body and exercise etc. would be a great asset in terms of articles or references... Leslie, Brenda, Sylvia... you all have so much to give!!!!).
So on that note, I'm off to my other blog.
Have a great long weekend to my Canadian friends and a great weekend to those down south...and on a musical note I have that Diana Ross song in my head...

I'm coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show
There's a new me coming out
And I just had to live
And I wanna give
I'm completely positive
I think this time around
I am gonna do it
Like you never do it
Like you never knew it Ooh,
I'll make it through
The time has come for me
To break out of the shell
I have to shout
That I'm coming out

I've got to show the world
All that I wanna be
And all my billities
Ther's so much more to me
Somehow, I have to make them
Just understand I got it well in hand
And, oh, how I've planned
I'm spreadin' love
There's no need to fear
And I just feel so glad
Everytime I hear:
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Oh. . .don't tell Victoria. . .with all of the chaos of late we FORGOT Victoria day. We actually remembered it last week, but forgot it today. YIKES!!!!!

But thanks to your "reminder" I just ran upstairs and she was still awake. I had a little "gift" tucked away for such a time as this, and she readily forgave me since she forgot too. :)

Anonymous said...

hi sandy, so glad to see you're still around. i thought you had mentioned about taking down your blog. now the actual diana ross song playing on your blog would have been an "extra" touch, but thanx for the words which i didn't know. very positive and inspiring.