Tuesday, December 20, 2005

And So This Is Christmas

In a couple of days it will be Christmas.

I have always found Christmas to be a child-like endevour. Its ambiance filled with sparkling lights, high emotions, sweet anticipation and joyful experiences. Christmas now also holds bitter-sweet memories of love lost. I unwrap those memories carefully and place them on the Christmas tree as symbols of some of my happiest moments.

Throughout the years and especially as I grow older, I have come to realize Christmas is about friends and family and an incredible appreciation for a life well lived. More than anything it is about love.

Eve before Christmas Eve,I will make dinner for some very special friends. Christmas Eve my nephew will hang out with me. This has become somewhat of a tradition, started I might add, on his part, I feel so very honoured! Christmas day my son Nick and I will spend a very quiet day, dinner at home together than a visit to my parents new condo, where my sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew will all be. I think it will be a warm and loving Christmas indeed.

So to all of you who have read my writings and have sent me notes with the most kindly of thoughts I wish you all a very peaceful and loving Christmas. And may you always carry the child-like nature of Christmas forever in your hearts.

Merry Christmas
Love
Sandy

No comments: