
Well, I am back. Compared to those whom I consider kindred spirits in the blogging world (and you know who you are), I am way behind in my writing.
After viewing some photos of myself that friends had sent me from the African trip, I decided it was time to seriously consider losing some weight. I know, I know, I have written about this before. Mostly about women who should be satisfied with their body but this is a two-fold issue. Firstly my cholesterol is sky high and I don’t mean the good stuff. So I needed to get myself on a daily menu that was going to help lower the bad levels and bring up the good ones once again. Secondly, I’m going to Mexico in March and I want to wear a two-piece bathing suit without being pointed to and laughed at. So yes ladies, my vanity is screaming for attention. So, since December the 9th I have lost about 10 lbs. Thing is, that 10 pounds is lost from my face, my arms, my breasts and my legs. I was unable to convince my body that it should come directly from my abdomen! As a result, I am doing an equivalent of a 4 mile aerobic exercise program with an additional 10 min of stomach work at the end, six days a week. The diet has made me cranky, the exercise cold and exhausted and I wonder if it’s worth all this hassle just for the sake of my vanity, but then I remind myself that it is mostly for my health. Yes, that’s it, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Nick has moved out. Well sort of. He’s hanging at his buddy’s place during the weekdays (says it’s closer to the college and well it is) and he comes home most weekends, usually to drop hints at how much “spare” money he doesn’t have and for the free food. Then again I do see him during the week as well sometimes… I mean most of his clothes are here and he uses the laundry facilities and “Hey, wait a minute, I don’t think he moved out at all!!!!
All I know is that it sure has been quiet here when he’s not around and the dog is walking through the house with his tail between his legs, staring endlessly out the kitchen window looking for his best bud. I must admit his absence from home and living in a house with 4 guys has taught him just how good he had it at home. Thing is, when he does come back home, he still drops his coat on the couch, leaves dirty dishes everywhere, is on the phone constantly and has yet to clean up his room! Kid’s, can’t live with them, can’t live without them!
I finally got the African gifts out in the mail last week, it’s only been how long not quite two months since I’ve been back? Those of you who know what I am talking about please keep an eye out for a local postman coming to your house soon!
I forgot my friend Evelyn’s birthday on January 5th. Ev I am terribly sorry, I thought of bringing a marching band into work to march to the Beatles “Birthday” song, but I thought it might disrupt your co-workers, or at best scare them to hell! Then I thought maybe a box of those delicious cookies, but I’m afraid with this starvation diet I am on, I might have captured the delivery boy at the pass, hijacked the cookies and feasted on them behind closed doors and no one would have been the wiser, but then remembered you also are working at keeping “healthy” and it just wouldn’t be fair to torture you when I told you of how ashamed I was for eating all those delicious cookies. So, I will just have to say "HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY EVELYN" please forgive my forgetfulness. Have pity on my old age and the affects it has on me.
Other than that, I’m the same old same old and I really must be going. You see, my neighbour Pat and I are going to do an hour of exercise with the workout tape I have. Pat also is working on her “good health” and the 6 pounds she gained over Christmas.
After viewing some photos of myself that friends had sent me from the African trip, I decided it was time to seriously consider losing some weight. I know, I know, I have written about this before. Mostly about women who should be satisfied with their body but this is a two-fold issue. Firstly my cholesterol is sky high and I don’t mean the good stuff. So I needed to get myself on a daily menu that was going to help lower the bad levels and bring up the good ones once again. Secondly, I’m going to Mexico in March and I want to wear a two-piece bathing suit without being pointed to and laughed at. So yes ladies, my vanity is screaming for attention. So, since December the 9th I have lost about 10 lbs. Thing is, that 10 pounds is lost from my face, my arms, my breasts and my legs. I was unable to convince my body that it should come directly from my abdomen! As a result, I am doing an equivalent of a 4 mile aerobic exercise program with an additional 10 min of stomach work at the end, six days a week. The diet has made me cranky, the exercise cold and exhausted and I wonder if it’s worth all this hassle just for the sake of my vanity, but then I remind myself that it is mostly for my health. Yes, that’s it, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Nick has moved out. Well sort of. He’s hanging at his buddy’s place during the weekdays (says it’s closer to the college and well it is) and he comes home most weekends, usually to drop hints at how much “spare” money he doesn’t have and for the free food. Then again I do see him during the week as well sometimes… I mean most of his clothes are here and he uses the laundry facilities and “Hey, wait a minute, I don’t think he moved out at all!!!!
All I know is that it sure has been quiet here when he’s not around and the dog is walking through the house with his tail between his legs, staring endlessly out the kitchen window looking for his best bud. I must admit his absence from home and living in a house with 4 guys has taught him just how good he had it at home. Thing is, when he does come back home, he still drops his coat on the couch, leaves dirty dishes everywhere, is on the phone constantly and has yet to clean up his room! Kid’s, can’t live with them, can’t live without them!
I finally got the African gifts out in the mail last week, it’s only been how long not quite two months since I’ve been back? Those of you who know what I am talking about please keep an eye out for a local postman coming to your house soon!
I forgot my friend Evelyn’s birthday on January 5th. Ev I am terribly sorry, I thought of bringing a marching band into work to march to the Beatles “Birthday” song, but I thought it might disrupt your co-workers, or at best scare them to hell! Then I thought maybe a box of those delicious cookies, but I’m afraid with this starvation diet I am on, I might have captured the delivery boy at the pass, hijacked the cookies and feasted on them behind closed doors and no one would have been the wiser, but then remembered you also are working at keeping “healthy” and it just wouldn’t be fair to torture you when I told you of how ashamed I was for eating all those delicious cookies. So, I will just have to say "HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY EVELYN" please forgive my forgetfulness. Have pity on my old age and the affects it has on me.
Other than that, I’m the same old same old and I really must be going. You see, my neighbour Pat and I are going to do an hour of exercise with the workout tape I have. Pat also is working on her “good health” and the 6 pounds she gained over Christmas.
Until next time… I love Ya!


3 comments:
Well, don't you look just precious in your straw hat and your cute little white crocheted sweater??? I am trying to lose weight too--not easy. My main focus right now is on getting regular exercise. . .and since you Canadians were trying to pour some of your cold air out of your provinces, it's made it all the way to Houston. You had a lot of that up there. I am hoping the postman can make it. :)
I love that hat! Love it. You look like you just belong on a vacation all the time.
The package came this week! I've stayed off the computer in the evenings so am just now catching up with my 'blog friends.' A real hand-written thank you note will be on its way to you this weekend when I will make it to the post office.
And also, I'm not so sure vanity is always a bad thing. It keeps most of us bathed and fresh and brushing our teeth and combing our hair!
Cool for Nick (and you!) that he's moved out. Good for him :)
And our little package arrived today. . .between the Canadian air it came from and the frigid-for-Houston air it came to, that little soapstone egg has probably never been so cold. . .I think it could have frozen water.
The kids loved their "surprises." You were so wonderful to remember us while on your adventure. Victoria was quite amazed that you were in the "real Africa." :)
Post a Comment