Well I guess you all wondered where the heck I was. Well, it’s winter here in Canada and if I were an animal I would most certainly be a bear. I hate winter and I’d just as soon be hibernating than be out in it. And since the thoughts of hibernating sounded so good, I thought that was just what I would do.Yesterday I awoke to –25C, that’s damn cold. Today though, a Chinook wind has been blowing and it is up to about +4C, so I thought I would poke my head out of my den and see how everyone was.
Work has been terribly busy and I am just not prepared to sit in front of the computer all night after I get home after being in front of one all day. We also have a visitor living with us until the summer. A young woman, friend of the family, who wants to work in Calgary and then head off to Europe for 6 weeks before heading onto Pharmacy College. Heather is Nick’s age and they are old friends. We have had much enjoyment with her company in our home, talking lots and Nick bought the three seasons of One Three Hill and well since it was cold and I haven't seen a television show in years I ended up sitting with the two of them watching three seasons of the darn thing. But we really are having fun and that has been a very fine thing.
Roxanne I read your blog the other day. Kudos’ on your weight loss. I also have been working at it and have lost a little over 10 lbs. so far. But it is hard sometimes I must admit. My incentive is I am going to Cabo St. Lucas, Mexico next month and I really want to get into a two piece bathing suit without looking like a fool!
I bought a new camera recently. It is an SLR digital and I have been so intimated by it. It is a little more work than my previous camera and I am certainly not a technical person and so have been picking the brains of my co-workers who are engineers and IT persons hoping that some of their high tech intelligence will rub off on me. I think though it is more about me getting out there and taking pictures.
Last Sunday we braved the cold and all three of us took our cameras and headed out on a walk. It was so windy and cold we only lasted about three quarters of an hour if that. What you see here are some of the results.
It is going to be a less busy weekend coming up and I will try to catch up on my writing.
In the meantime, I hope all is well and I hope you like the few shots.
Teddy
Nick, Heather and Teddy




1 comment:
How nice to see you--poor Teddy looks like he's freezing to death. . .I'm not sure exactly what -25C is in Farenheit terms but 25 anything--not to mention -25 anything--is too stinkin's cold. . .
Sounds like your vacation in the sun is well earned. Let me know if you're flight has a lay over in Houston. I'll come find you.
Post a Comment