Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas





I thought that in each Christmas further away from the absence of Gary my sad and lonely feelings would become easier and easier to handle. I remember thinking for the past three Christmas’s that the next year will be better. I cried on my drive into work yesterday after hearing a Christmas tune that Gary really liked. I guess regardless of how many years pass, certain special occasions will stir up warm memories and longing feelings for loved ones that are no longer here.

Joy and happiness is what you make it and for the most part I have embraced all that is good and loving in my life and found joy and happiness in the doing so. Perhaps this Christmas is about reflection and silence.

Silent Night, Holy Night, All is calm, All is bright… those words have more meaning than I ever thought.

Christmas is about family and being with the one’s you love. Tomorrow night I will be with my nephew. He has adored me all his life. I will also be with my neighbours the Russell’s; they have opened their arms and loved me as part of their family. My son will stay over night and awake with me Christmas morning as he has done these past 22 years and we will head over to my sister’s house to my family who has loved me the only way they knew how.

In relation to some of the children I met in Africa, especially those who are homeless and parentless, I would say that my Christmas would be more than abundant.

May you and your family and the one’s you love have a peaceful and pleasant Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, friend. So glad to see more of your pictures and to "hear from you" via your post. Enjoy your holiday--the kids are so excited. . .they cannot wait for Christmas morning--and neither can I!!!!

And from your very own Canadian author,

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
LM Montgomery

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Sandy!
Sending warmest of cozies to you, a big hug and wishes for a wonderful 2007.
I'm so glad we "bumped into" each other.

ClickGirl said...

Greetings!!

I’m trying to stir up a little ‘Adventurous Hearts’ reunion on the Blogs tonight! If you don’t have anything going on … come on over and help me count down … to the New Year! Just come to my Blog and link over to the AH Blog … or type in:
www . theadventuroushearts . blogspot . com/
(just remove the spaces to go to the Blog)

Hope to see you there! If not … have an amazingly HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Cheers!
Brenda aka ClickGirl

P.S. Hi Sandy! Just wanted to send New Year Greetings to you!!