Sunday, June 10, 2007

Another Sunday

It’s Sunday morning early, well for me anyway. Nick is in his last day of the first part of he course I took last month. This has been good for him as he did not see a counselor when his father died and this course is about pealing away the layers that you have developed throughout your years and experiences. His level of angst has lowered if but just a notch and this is good.

As for me, I have been depressed for sometime now and could not figure out why. It was quite disturbing to me to be perfectly honest with you as I have really nothing to be down about, so I was in to see the doctor to renew a prescription when I happened to mention this to her. She felt it would be prudent to takes some blood tests and when the results came back it turned out that my B12 count was about 300 points lower than they should have been and apparently this is not good. This happened to me about 5 years ago and I had to get booster shots of B12. Because of this past history my doctor thinks that perhaps my body does not absorb the B12. She thinks that I may have pernicious anemia, which describes my stomach problems, lack of energy and this feeling of being down all the time. So it’s “booster” shots of B12 every two weeks for awhile, tests and then if my levels don’t go up and stay there… well I’m not sure… I’m figuring, one day at a time I guess.

This is a good thing because I was thinking what the heck is wrong with me I should be happy!!!

Having said this, it certainly has given me a better appreciation for the ability of our body to keep going no matter what. How we are made up of more than just our physical energy, there is a strength within us that we use as reserve for just these kinds of things. It has also taught me to really listen to your body for it will always tell you when things are just not quite right. Pay attention to the signs of fatigue or stomach difficulties or just an over all malaise. Your body is telling you something.

I have been going full tilt Since before Africa and it freaks me to think about my potential had I not been lacking in B12… AWESOME I would say! I look forward to getting back on track again so that I can use the energy I have been expending compensating for my lack in vitamin, and put it back into my work at the office, home and my life in general.

I took my first class in photography last Monday. I think I will learn some interesting information. My instructor is a pretty interesting guy and has been taking photos for a very long time. My yoga class was also very awesome. Thanks E.D. for suggesting this particular class it is just what the doctor has ordered. Working on my inner spirit, always a work in progress. My kayaking class was cancelled this Sunday, only two people in the class I have to reschedule. I am ok with that as this week was probably a little more hectic than it should have been.

I took Candice (my neighbours oldest daughter) out to dinner at a very upscale restaurant on Friday in celebration of her graduating from university. Boy does time ever fly, seems like just yesterday she was entering high school. We had lots of fun and she is such a remarkable young woman. In the last year she has lost 40 pounds and this certainly has changed her personality in the confidence department. Way to go Candice!!!

What else? Oh yes, something I am in denial about, Heather leaves next week. I will truly miss her presence in my home as I have already mentioned. She has been great support and a wonderful friend. She is a remarkable woman and she will do well in her life for sure.

I am thinking that I will take next week off, maybe Tuesday till the end of the week. Weather is suppose to be sunny and warm and I could really use the break and I have to use up some of my holiday time. Shell Canada is officially part of Royal Dutch Shell and hopefully I will know if my department exists by the end of the month. A part of me is ready for a new adventure, the other part says I have less than 4 years until retirement and it would be economically better if I could hang in there until then but either way, I am ok with whichever way the wind decides to blow.

Roxanne, having the summer off sounds so appealing but I’m not sure I want to trade jobs with you after reading about your “year from hell”…. ☺

Well kids, I guess I had better get my ass in gear here and do some things around the house. I spent all day yesterday playing with my new MAC, trying to adjust to the change. YIKES… it’s like going to a foreign country… ok not that bad but it is taking a bit of getting use to.

Have a great day today and know that I love you all!

1 comment:

Julie Kertesz - me - moi - jk said...

Your link brings me to this blog, abandoned: why?

I'll take time to come back and read it also.

I do believe in most of the things you write about, but the loyalty, that alas all my men did not have, finally. They all betrayed me in some ways.

You took photography classes last summer: I took them in 2004, and then, through Afterclass, as I see in many things, we are more alike then exteriour would show.

Four years will go by fast, if it really makes a lot of difference, go for them and use them to prepare for the after retirement and its activities. I think.