Sunday, March 04, 2007

My Last Posting



This will be my last post.

Last evening was the annual birthday dinner with my best friend Lois. I have come a long way since we first met. We talked about this last night. She said that after Gary died she worried about my welfare and I don’t blame her. I was bouncing off the walls and didn’t have a clue where my life was headed. As we were getting ready to leave after a fantastic meal and talk, she told me she no longer worries about my welfare.

Four years after the death of a man I loved dearly and with all my heart, with the love of some very close friends and many acquaintances who have been a great support I have found a balance in my life. I am grounded and secure in regard to who I am.

There is something about putting paper to pen or in this case type to screen. It is quite cathartic. Those of you who share your blogs with others know the feeling.

I have learned so much these past four years, more than I can express in words. The most profound of these lessons is to be true to myself.

I believe it is important to follow the golden rule and I understand that our society needs rules and regulation to keep chaos from taking over, but I have learned not to trust all that I have been taught. There are a lot of expectations our culture has regarding men and women and how they should act in any given situation. I believe we should challenge those expectations and ask ourselves if those expectations are within our heart-felt beliefs and if they are not, then I believe that we must have the courage to eliminate those expectations and replace them with less judgement (of ourselves and others) and more effort in being the best of who we truly are.

We are unique individuals and we must find our truth and pursue that truth. Find our best qualities and work with them rather than try to accommodate them for the acceptance of others. Stand out and be proud of yourself. Just be the best of you that is possible.

Lately there has been much talk about the book the “Secret”. Thing is, the secret to life is to live it in love always. If your motivation in life is to always live it in love than it eliminates fear. And when you eliminate fear you attract to you all that is love.

Yes, sometimes your experiences will be negative ones, sometimes tragic but even in the face of tragedy there is a lesson. The question is, “How will you choose to respond?” Will you respond with fear, resentment, rage and anger, or will you respond by trying to find the seed to something more profound and encouraging?

My trip to Africa humbled me in such a profound way. I learned that I live such a privileged life, and that I have so much to offer to the world. I don’t have to be famous to make a difference and I also don’t feel the need for affirmation or accreditation. You see when love is unconditional; it is true and seeks no recognition.

The balance to life is to take responsibility for your life, past experiences are lessons not excuses, and future worries are senseless for they may or may not happen. I believe you must live your life through the guidance of your heart and this will set you free. This will open your understanding that when you live in the moment, without expectations and in love than you embrace all that life has to offer.

I know because I have experienced it.

So face your fears.
Stand up for your beliefs.
Embrace the beautiful person that you are.
Live moment to moment.
Above all when faced with any situation, ask “What would love do?”
Thank you all for your encouragement, your support and for your interest in my world. May you continue your journey and find your balance and contentment. Embrace your beauty for truly you are beautiful.


One must never be afraid to do the things they have always wanted to do.

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Well, look at you. You look terrific and SKINNY. I am so sad that this will be your "last post," but I hope that you will stay in touch and stop by to visit my spot from time to time. I'm so happy for you--your weight loss--your new love--doing what you've always wanted to do.

Thank you for sharing yourself so freely with me. You are an inspiration, and I thank you for befriending me over these thousands of miles.

Love you, Sandy.

Anonymous said...

Sister, you have been an amazing inspiration to me.

Love not Fear.

Anonymous said...

hi sandy,

i'm glad i came to your blog at this particular time. i'm a little sad too that this will be your last post. we didn't talk much, but i did read your blog posts. those were very inspiring comments you left on my blog recently. you have truly been an inspiration to many people here. some just read, but prefer not to leave comments. i wish you the best in everything you do in life.

love & hugs,
sylvia

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy!
I sent you a couple of emails and I mailed you a package and a letter about two weeks ago. Just curious if they had arrived.

Love,
Stehanie