Sunday, May 22, 2005

What is your Indulgence????

Every now and then, more now than then, I love to indulge myself. At my age I feel I have certainly earned the right to do so. My indulgence comes in all forms, shapes and sizes. For instance, I am not a big fan of chocolate, but I do get a craving every now and again so I will go out and buy myself a box of Callebaut Chocolates http://www.bernardcallebaut.com/ . Now, you have never tasted chocolates until you have slowly savoured the richness and delectability of one of those made by the Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut. One night try sharing a chocolate bite by bite with your lover just before you are about to make love. Hold the chocolate in your mouth, and make your lover take a bite and see where it leads… now that is indulging!!!!

Another one of my indulgences is taking a day off. Just hang out in your pajamas and do absolutely nothing all day, AND feel guilt free to do so as it was your choice. Now for many, and especially for women, this is a very difficult task to do. I mean imagine, sitting around all day, reading a favourite book, curling up on the couch, falling to sleep, as the sun beams in on you, making you all nice and warm… just like a cat. Can you do that? Have you tried that? It is absolutely decadent, you might even want to have your box of Callebaut close just incase you wanted to feel extra special!!!!

I indulge in reading. I love to read and I try to set time aside so that I might enjoy a few chapters of a very good book in the evening. Or I rent a totally romantic movie, sit down with a bowl of popcorn and a box of tissues (for the crying of course!) and just indulge!!!

Sometimes I will indulge myself by going on a trip. I have done quite a bit of that lately. Los Angeles, San Diego, St. Augustine, New Orleans, Cuba, Costa Rica, Chicago… Very indulgent! But even an hours drive to the mountains is just as indulgent and just as beautiful.

Oh and then there’s Haagen Daz… (http://www.haagen-dazs.com/ ) my downfall. And to hell with the “light” stuff! I mean if you are going to indulge you might as well go all the way right????? And did you know they just came out with a cookies and cream bar???… oh this is the end of me!!!!!!

What is your indulgence? Do you indulge? If not, why not???… it can be so decadent!!! And it feels so good!!!!!!!!!

Go on… INDULGE!

No comments: